Zoom! Whitening® in Mansfield
Fast, Beautiful Results in One Visit
Stained and discolored teeth diminish confidence and may cause you to avoid talking and smiling in professional and social situations. This is part of the reason that teeth whitening is the most sought after cosmetic procedure. Tooth discoloration is also one of the easiest problems to correct, with the right system. Orchard Family Dental offers in office and at home whitening options for patients in Mansfield, TX. Zoom! Whitening® is the leading professional whitening brand in the United States and offers dramatic results that can transform your smile.
Whitening in the Office and At Home
The Zoom! Whitening® in-office treatment allows you to enjoy impressive whitening results. The treatment takes about two hours. A gel is applied to protect the gums and a whitening agent is applied to the teeth. A special light is used to activate the whitening agent and lighten the teeth. This process provides faster whitening action than any at home treatment method.
After the initial treatment in the office, you will be given a take-home whitening kit to supplement the treatment you received in the office. Using both the in-office treatment and at home kit provides the longest lasting results for your new whiter smile.
Common Tooth Whitening Myths
At Orchard Family Dental, we have heard many myths regarding tooth whitening, including:
- All whitening methods are the same: In fact, in-office whitening is the strongest, followed by at home professional whitening systems, and the least effective are over the counter products.
- Teeth whiten the same amount: The degree of discoloration affects the results. Yellow stains are easier to treat than badly discolored or gray teeth.
- The strongest gel is the most effective: While stronger in-office systems provide the fastest results, a professional at home system from the dentist can give you similar results. However, this will take longer.
- Whitening toothpaste will bleach the teeth: These products contain an abrasive, rather than chemical teeth whitening agents. They generally only work on surface stains.
- Immediate result aren’t possible: While this is true with at home systems, in-office treatments, such as Zoom! Whitening® can provide dramatic results in a short amount of time.
- Restorations can be whitened like natural teeth: In fact, restorations, such as veneers, crowns, and tooth colored fillings are not affected by lighting agents. It is better to have whitening done prior to restorations and match the color of the restorations to the whiter tooth shade.
- There are no side effects: You may have some sensitivity or irritation to the gums. Always have an exam to check for other dental problems before whitening the teeth.
- My dental insurance will cover it: Most dental insurance does not cover the cost of tooth whitening.
- Whitening kits from the dentist and over the counter are the same: Whitening kits from the dentist have custom made trays that are designed specifically for your teeth. This produces better results than generic over the counter trays.
- Tooth whitening is permanent: Your lightened teeth can be stained again in the future. You should keep up with regular dental visits, use good oral hygiene, and avoid foods and drinks that stain the teeth to maintain your results.
What to Do If You Experience Tooth Sensitivity
It is always possible to experience some tooth sensitivity when a bleaching agent is used on the teeth. At Orchard Family Dental, we strive to prevent sensitivity to ensure your comfort. However, if you do find that your teeth are sensitive after the procedure, we recommend taking an anti-inflammatory medication every 4 to 6 hours, such as Advil or ibuprofen. Generally, the problem diminishes within 24 hours of treatment.
Enjoy a healthier looking smile with Zoom! Whitening. Call (817) 631-2444 to schedule an appointment with our Mansfield cosmetic dentists today.